not really a lot to say, but really felt it was time to update. This is what I've been up to -
*Enchanted Evening at botanic - I went twice(!) The first time was much better because there was no torrential rain!
*Ryans with the methody crew - just like old times.
* Reading books for my dissertation.
*Meetings - youth council, sunday school teachers and Castlewellan.
*cinema - went to see children of men ast week - very horrifying but maybe worth seeing...
*registering people at stranmillis (that was fun!)
Thats about everything i can think of....
I've started to go to CFC on Sunday nights. I started going because when im out on sunday school it means i miss being in church for a month. So stephen and i went and tried out a few churches and i eventually settled on cfc because the worship style is how i would choose to worship, the teaching is good and i'll not feel torn and want to move there completley becasue its not a family church. I can just slip in and out, which i would hate if it was my church but its good for what i need. I know its not a perfect situtation to be in, but it means that i am getting teaching for myself - rather than not. So thats the craic.
How are you?
1 comment:
i would have to disagree with some of those comments made pam- cfc IS a family church and tries to encourages families to come together to worship God- why would you make such a statement? what makes a church more family orientated than not? As in any church im sure the worshippers do not like the disruption -" can just slip in and out, which i would hate if it was my church" i dont understand why you would need to slip in and out anyway.
this is not a go a you but i think you should think why you are going there and not to treat it (as many do) as a church where you can have a wee taste then leave for somewhere better.
Post a Comment