Sunday, December 14, 2003

Took me a while
But I'm finally here
I just wanna testify
Make it crystal clear...

seems like i always fall short,
of being worthy,
cos i aint good enough
but he still loves me

i aint no superstar
the spotlight aint shining on me
cos i aint good enough
but he still loves me.

i used to wake up somedays
and wish i'd stayed asleep
cuz i went to bed on top of the world
today the worlds on top of me
everybody's got opinions
They aint been in my position
that it breaks my heart when I hear what they
have to say about me yeah
(what they say)

seems like I always fall short (fallin short)
of bein worthy (Lord I aint worthy)
Cuz I aint good enough (no no)
but he still loves me (still loves me)
i aint no superstar
the spotlight aint shining on me
cos i aint good enough
but he still loves me.

I'm not perfect
Yes i do wrong
Im trying my best but it aint good enough
shunned by the world if i dont succeed
Cos i aint good enough
but he still loves me

I went to see the fighting temptations last night with me friend sarah and this is one of the songs. www.fightingtemptations.com to hear it. Its called He still loves me. The film is a really interesting film. Its about a man who in order to get his inheritance has to take over the church choir and get it into a gospel competition. The church has hundreds of laws and by-laws and their are people in the church in authority who are really hypocritical and dissapprove of the new choir members including - criminals, a single unmarried mother who sings in bars for a living etc... Good film to go see... not particularly brilliant but the music is class and this song - i absolutely love. it gave me shivers in the cinema... funny how and where God speaks to you.

No comments: