Sunday, June 19, 2005

Today has been a bit of a hard day. I've had a lot going on in my head and turned to a wise friend for some counsel. I am an organiser, i like to have things sorted out and for things to be prepared so that they run smoothly and that everything that has to happen happens. However because of this i end up taking alot of things on myself, things that are not important in the grand scheme of things and also things that are not my responsibility. I struggle with letting other people make mistakes when it comes to something im involved in, even peripherally. I plough in and pick up the pieces and put them back together. Lately I've found out that this can put me in akward situations, ones that I dont need to be involved in and put me in difficult places.

So I'm going to try and stop. Not only because it means that i end up with more work but also because it leaves people to make mistakes which they will ultimatley learn from. It also should mean that i get less bossy.

I don't need to be everyone's fairy godmother, the pieces are not mine to pick up.

1 comment:

roast honey said...

I guess everyone knows that some their best strengths can also be the things that end up causing them the most stress too. It's a wise decision but a hard thing to keep doing, fighting against your nature. You have my prayers with that. Hope you know we love you just the way you are. Jen xoxo