A month! My Goodness! Its time for an update.
Exams have been and gone. I am a bit concerned about them because i actually didnt do as much revision as i ought to have. Vikki and I are quite panicked and although Jud doesnt believe me its highly possible i've failed a couple of them. Still no results though.
Kids club finished today with our outing, we went to see Robots in the cinema and then to mcdonalds for lunch. I was a bit miffed that they chose something thats not very exciting but it turned out really well and they loved it. I was surprised by how nice and helpful the staff in the cinema and mcdonalds were. Especially one boy in mcdonalds who totally sorted out meals for 25 kids and kept smiling when we kept saying we were missing stuff and then was able to whip up 35 mcflurries in the middle of the lunchtime rush. So people are just so lovely! The kids were so funny today, especially Matthew - i think he would just keep stephen if he could!
Last week we had our games day which was really good although a bit of a stress to set up as i have no technical capabilities at all! Thank goodness some people knew what they were doing. Then the week before we had our Family BBQ at kids club which was great fun - everyone really enoughed themselves and lots of people said the burgers where beautiful!
Worked a lot this week - 16 hours when im contracted for 8. Had a chat with my friend Gary all about God. He doesnt believe in God, but discusses it very rationally - it was interesting. We also had a good chat about Dr Who, but that wasnt as important!
Summer Madness is less than 2 weeks away which is exciting but also a bit scary. I know that its not something i can do in my own strength and its completely outside my comfort zone so thats a good thing - a growing time. At least our group is small and sensible.
Conference Youth Night was really good, really enjoyed the worship as i havent worshipped like that in a long long time. There was a real freedom.
My friends Ruth and Phil got engaged (to each other) which is so exciting!!!!!
The forum has crashed but i strangely dont miss it that much. I think its a good thing to have a break from everything that went on on it, although i am highly amused that some people think i crashed it, which i didnt!
"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8
I've been thinking alot about this verse lately and wondering do I actually do this? Does this reflect in my actions? Is what I say influenced by these things. Most of the time i'd say the answer is no and im sorting that out with God at the minute.
2 comments:
I would keep matthew if i could too!
haha, small and sensible group, you don't know what you've let yourself in for! Especially that nichola one, such a bad egg!?
i only just read this...how flaming rude are you!
Post a Comment