Thursday, August 11, 2005

its funny how God prepares you for things that he asks you to do. Like over the last few months i have learnt alot about self-worth (which is the topic i'm sharing on at a friends youth event in a few weeks.) It stated at summer madness when i was asked a bunch of hard questions by a friend about who i really am and how i see myself and has been echoed alot over the summer since then.

Self worth is a topic of the heart. God has been whispering alot to me about hearts over the summer too about how fragile they are and how slow to heal, about the importance of having a pure heart, about how we should desire to be people after Gods own heart, about how it is important to guard our hearts but not become cynical and hard hearted and about how it is important to take care of other peoples hearts - as our actions can send mixed messages. Its all been about the heart.

I'm also reading an amazing book at the minute, captivating, by john and stasi eldridge. Its all about a womans soul and a womans heart. It is amazing. It is a book that resonates so deeply within me. I said to stephen that it could just be about me - if anyone wants to understand me they just have to read this book. I also made stephen buy the boy version called wild at heart.

At Castlewellan, in one of the late night worships i heard God talking to me. It was amazing. I have a real love of fairy stories, i really love them. Cinderella is one of my favourites (although not the disney version.) The number of cinderella type films i have on dvd is immense. In my heart of hearts i am constantly looking for my prince charming - the one who will see me as i am but see something special about me that others overlook, the one who will set out to find me and rescue me no matter what the hardships, the one who i will live happily ever after with. At Castlewellan I heard God saying - its me, its me, I'm your prince charming. I see you, I love you, I have set out to find you, I have fought the battle to redeem you and i will be with you forever. It sounds really rare - but then i was reading last night in that book and basically thats what the chapter was all about.

The funny thing is that about a year and a half ago in a prayer ministry time at kairos this amazing prayer warrior woman (who is more than a little scary) prayed over me and she called me Cinderella. Its all falling into place...

1 comment:

roast honey said...

I love that God is speaking to you at the mo and inspiring you. I'm jealous, i really want to read that book. I feel like I missed out not being at castlewellan :(