Thursday, January 05, 2006

Looking Back...

Everyone seems to be looking back over 2005 on their blogs. I was having difficulty trying to remember what i'd done last year so i looked over some old blogs there. So here are some bits and pieces from 2005 in no particular order

Outings that i loved: Portrush, Dublin
Books: Captivating, Half Blood Prince
Films: Robots, Pride and Prejudice, Goblet of Fire, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Narnia,
Music:Coldplay, Here i am to Worship mix,
Concerts: McFly
Challenges: Leading at Summer Madness, Kids Club - being main leader, sharing at Speak, failing my driving tests.
Opportunities - starting to learn sign language
God Moments: Summer Madness, Avoca, being home alone in the summer, castlewellan, childrens ministry conference.

This year - 2006
- the year that i turn 22.
- the year that ruth and phil get married
- the year that i (hopefully) do my final block of teaching practice
(this sept/oct-dec when im 4th year!!!!!!)
- the year that ruth and i go to newcastle to visit Cheryl.
- who knows what else......

Growth....
Looking back on the years i can see that i have grown.
*I have gone from being quiet and shy (really i was!) to being more confident, being able to talk to people and even to preach and speak in front of congregations and classes.
*I have learnt more about God - although i've needed to learn the same lessons more than once and i'll probably need to learn them again at some stage...
*I have grown in the gifts that God has given me (im not scared to use them most of the time)

Lets go back, back to the beginning...
But on that journey i have lost some things too. I dont think that i am as humble as i was, or as kind or as gentle. I dont serve in the same way. Its things like this that i want to learn again. As I have grown things have sneaked in that i am not pleased with - pride, judgementalness, things i'd like rid of. So this may be a year of going back to the beginning in some respects.

No comments: