Friday, January 20, 2006

walking through botanic (which i love) today going from stran (leaving in an assignment) to common grounds (meeting Jenny) and i was listening to my creative zen. I was thinking about some stuff thats been going on with me recently (basically complaining that gods plans arent the same as mine) anyway the song changed to You Alone (Passion Band)
You are the only one I need
I bow all of me at Your feet
I worship You alone

You have given me more than
I could ever have wanted
And I want to give You my heart and my soul

You alone are Father
And You alone are good
You are alone are Savior
And You alone are God

I'm alive, I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive (repeat)
and then after that Enough (Chris Tomlin) came on.

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re my coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough for me

I love the way God gently reminds me that all i need is him, no matter what i think. I guess before i was saying to God "you know why are you ignoring this?" like i was telling him how to do his job because obviously i know whats better for me than he does (!)and then today he gently reminded me that he does know better and that all of him is enough for all of me. So i just need to learn something i think i need isnt necessarily what i do need and that sometimes the things i want can be the last things i need.

I know this will make perfect sense to some of you and none to others - sorry!

1 comment:

roast honey said...

This is just an observation that I know you have confirmed to be true Pam (although everyone including me suffers with it) but you are a perfectionist. You like to do things the way you like them done. I know having completed the book you bought me for xmas that this is a woman thing-you love being in control. You thrive on sorting out the unsortable. So i guess it makes sense that that is where u struggle to trust God. And why he keeps reminding you "My grace is sufficent for thee" or I am all you need. Tonight at church Phillip Emerson was talking about how we try to work so hard to bridge the gap between what God promises us and the reality we see- when in fact all we need to do is trust his grace.