Friday, June 23, 2006

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 cor 13 v4-7 NIV)

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end. (same passage - the message)

Today nicky was watching a walk to remember - good film, very sad worth a watch. Without giving away the plot its about a christian girl and the above passage features in it quite a bit. I was was washing dishes when i heard it being read out and having watched the film a couple of times went in to watch that bit because i know its good.

I remember a talk i heard once when i was at school (probably about 5th year) and we were encouraged to put our names in place of the word love and reread it. I thought of that today when i heard it being read and i put my name in and thought through it in my head. It was hard - it grated. I am not these things. I know that I dont have to be perfect, but at the same time i used to be so much closer to these things than i am now. I'd like to be in that place again not where i am these things because i wont ever be so jesuslike, but i'd like to be closer than i am now.

Just a thought.

No comments: