

This is a very blurry photo of me and Paul and Methody Boardings Christmas dinner on my TOM year. The other photo is of some of the other boarding mistresses.
(photos of photos - didnt quite work.)
Anyway. This year is the first year in 3 years that i havent been at the MCB christmas dinner - as you can see its formal and all the boys wear tuxes. In my last year all the girls wore formal dresses. So i didnt get to get all dressed up this year and I have missed it.
Ive missed planning what to wear. I've missed all the other boarding mistresses panicking over fake tans. I've missed helping each other pick our outfits, lending accessories and shoes and helping do each others hair. I've missed chatting to the girls about what they are going to wear. I've missed the showers running out of hot water after 72 girls wanting showers - leaving the mistresses to freeze. I've missed the excitment of finding out who is at your table when the seating plans go up. I've mised the reception when we meet our guest and then formally bagpiped into the great hall. I've missed making small talk, listening to speeches and entertainment and then going to supervise the disco with DJ Krazy Kenny.
SO I've planned another dinner. Not as fancy but you have to make an effort (wear something smart.)
DETAILS
MONDAY 2ND JAN 2005
AT VILLA ITALIA ON UNIVERSITY ROAD
AT 7.30PM - MEETING AT 7.15PM
If you want to come let me know asap cos i need to phone them with nos. Villa italia is yummy and not too expensive so everyone should be ok - also its got a mix of stuff on the menu cos some weirdos dont like chinese so we went for italian.
Let me know if youre coming. SO excited!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment