Its all started.
Ive recently notcied how much i moan about things. Sometimes when i listen to myself it seems like all i do is moan. I dont really know when i started it but i think id better stop. I think theres a healthy level of moaning, but im beyond it - so im not saying ill never moan again, because i think its healthier than keeping it all in. I just need to find a balance.
Its hit me this week that im in 3rd year and that theres a jump between second and third year (not moaning just pointing it out.) Ive had a week of classes and Im finding it difficult. The expectations of lecturers and the actual course material. I photocopied my first re reading today - on the reformation - and ive read it and underlined bits here and there but i actually couldnt tell you what its about! My friend Jennifer had to read it about 3 times before she understood it, it took her about 3 hours i think she said. My goodness! So i went and googled the reformation to get a bit of background before i attempt to read it again. I am thinking i'd better keep on top of it all though and go prepared to class, not just because im a bit nervous about the lecturer but if i dont i may need remedial reformation studies to catch up!
In stran on tuesday i had a bit of a panic - went to buy the last toffee spelga yoghurt at lunchtime and realised i didnt have my purse. the wee lunch lady told me not to panic but i did. I ran up to library and went in and the library desk lady said - "Pam?" and i said yes, thinking how does she know my name? and then she said "we have your purse you left it here beside the computers" I was so relieved! I do things like this all the time if i have lots of things going on at once. Mum has notcied i do it when im organising things in church and stran people have noticed it too when im busy. I keep all the important things safe but it means that all my personal things get pushed out of my head because theres no room - oh for a penseive... But hurray for the lovely library lady!
I also managed to sort out my timetable so that i can get home in time to get out to sign on time. Sign is great, tuesday was so much fun, but so hard. Bill just goes so fast. I'm really enjoying it though. We were put into groups to just chat and it worked, even though we dont know much yet.
Im liking getting the bus into stran in the mornings - i get to drive past the lovely light shop on the dublin road. Christopher Wrays. I love the light shop everytime i walk past i look in the window - sometimes ill stop and make whoever is with me look too. I'm always disappointed if i go past and the lights arent all on. I love looking at the all the lights sparkling, i love all the different kinds of lights that you can get, from the tiffany lamps that remind me of libraries, rainy days and warm open fires; to the really modern ones that are like huge fabric cubes to the twinkly chandiliers. I was sitting on the bus looking at them all, wondering why i have never gone in to look in the shop, i remembered that i have always loved lights. When i was little and we went to budget no matter what it was for i always liked looking at the lights there. Theres another light shop on my way home - house of lights - its nice to look at too - but very crowded, you cant see everything properly. Its a bit strange i suppose that i love it so much. Im sure that there's a childrens talk in it though!
4 comments:
I love the light shop. I went in once to get a catalogue for my sis and they said it was like £10!! But I was in my school uniform so they wrote down that it was for Methody and gave me it free! The lights are all pretty and twinkly though. Have to say I liked them when I was a kid too!
i agreee with adam
i used to walk past the light shop everyday for uni for 3 years. But my thought was always that its hideously over priced! Also i loved the oxfam shop-twas my fav- loved to see what people had donated that day. Some great pianos...
p.s. i bet ur looking forward to xmas-light city-literally!
Post a Comment