Oh how much fun was portrush!!! stephen and nicky and i put all our photos together and we had like 80 between the 3 of us. i love the way we are going so fast the last photo is blurred!!! Really love the portush!
Today went to church, quite a long service, communion and little daniel's baptism as well as a hello to the new yp. Church was also surprisingly warm and we were like sardines in our pew. Sermon today was, want to say good but dont think its a great word... It was thought provoking. It was about dedication and commitment. I still have questions about infant baptism - everytime there is a baptism in church i watch and listen very carefully to see want i think. I'm leaning towards the belief that what we do isnt baptism just dedication with water. hmm...
The bit that i love in the baptism though is the congregations promise - will you so maintain the common life of worship and service so that he and all the children among you may grow in grace and in the knowledge and love of God? (or something to that effect) I love making that promise. I always look around the church when i'm saying it looking at the children that im saying it about. I love the way each member of the church has a role to play and a responsible to help nurture the faith of the children in the church. We are all technically spiritual godparents. It makes me so excited.
I read the boy version of my amazing girl book over the weekend (bought it for michael but didnt think he'd mind if i read it first and as i havent seen him its not like ive kept him waiting for it!) Stephen has read it too so when i'd it nearly finished we had a wee chat about it. We were talking about what the adventure he is to be part of (calling) is and it got me thinking about my calling. At summer madness a friend was praying with me and he said - "you know what your calling is dont you?" I had never said out loud what i think my calling is but i thought i knew so i just said yes and he said well what is it and i said to work with children and he said yeah thats what i was hearing but i wanted to hear you say it. In the boy book it says about how your calling is where your great passion meets the worlds deep need. I think the way i get so excited about baptismal questions confirms that. But i was thinking today about how i have never heard a booming voice telling me to work with children - i've just fallen into everything that i'm involved in - i suppose coincedence is just God's way of staying anonymous.



1 comment:
LOVE THE PICS PAM! JEN
Post a Comment